Monday, October 18, 2010

First Order for the Week Done!

I had an order of 4 desserts for 50 people today.  Started baking the American Carrot Cupcakes and Cookies n Cream cheese cupcakes yesterday and left them in the fridge to chill.  This morning I woke up early to make the Apple Cinnamon Struesel Cupcakes and the Decadent Chocolate Cakes.  My kitchen was filled with the amazing smells of cinnamon and chocolate!

The weather started heating up and by lunch time it was so hot I was wondering how on earth I would be able to keep the frosting cool.  I had to refrigerate all the desserts and they took up 80% of the space in my regular sized fridge!  I ended up freezing my cheesecakes which was an excellent idea.

I didn't take process photos but I did take the finished products.

American Carrot Cupcakes, taller than usual just to be a bit whimsical! 

The Decadent Mocha Chocolate mini cakes with mocha cream cheese frosting.

Cookies N Cream (aka Oreo) Cheese Cupcakes.  Doesn't she look great?  Alethea and I each "tested" one!


Apple Cinnamon Struesel Cupcakes. It's low fat and healthy with apples and raisins in the cake.  The topping is butter (okay, a little bit unhealthy...), cinnamon and sugar.  Smells divine!

Here are the cakes all packed and ready to be picked up.  I hope the folks enjoy the desserts for supper tonight!

5 comments:

li ling said...

hi rebecca!

thank you so much for the yummy cakes! we (the staff and our guests) enjoyed them a lot. i especially loved the carrot cake and apple cinnamon streusel.

do you think you could share the carrot cake recipe? :)

li ling
(from the creative communications team)

Anonymous said...

Oh man, they all look so YUMMY!! Sure wish I was there eating them too... I'm sure everyone will love it! Thanks again Rebecca!

Shionge said...

I'm salivating here Rebecca!!!! Yes, I love to freeze my cheese cake and like it thaw for a little while before I eat them.

Oh gosh....can you send me your price list?

Rebecca Yam said...

Thanks everyone for your compliments! I'm glad the Creative Communications Team enjoyed the supper desserts. I'll post the recipe next week when I've a bit more time.

Shiong Yee: You can check my prices in the previous posts. I've not priced the cheesecake yet. Will do so soon.

li ling said...

hey rebecca,

would like to try baking carrot cake this fri. if you don't mind, could you post up your recipe? :)

thanks!