Friday, April 2, 2010

Oreo Cheesecake Cupcakes

I managed to squeeze in some time to try Martha Stewart's Oreo Cheesecake Cupcakes on Page 104.  I like the taste very much (I added a secret ingredient here too!).  Here are some photos hastily taken before I complete my home chores (yes, I'm slacking...)!

Unlike the traditional cheesecake which uses graham crackers for its base, this recipe called for Oreo cookies as the base (easy!).

Coarsely chopped up Oreo cookies that will go in the batter before baking.

Starting to cream the Philadelphia cream cheese (I could substitute this with Mascapone cheese which will probably be sweeter).

After adding the sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, (secret ingredient), and sour cream.

I hand stirred in the chopped Oreo cookies and my cupcake is ready for baking!

After baking...

I'm supposed to refrigerate the cupcakes for at least 4 hours (overnight is best) but due to my impatience, I took this photo about 30 minutes into refrigeration.  I ate the whole cupcake because it was VERY yummy!  I didn't feel as if I sinned too much since everything I used was low fat... (or am I imagining that...).

Till I see you again, have a great weekend, a meaningful Easter and lots of love time with your family!

0 comments: